What is it with cab drivers that they think the passenger should tell them how to get to their destination even when they are new to the city and can't tell 1 end of town from the other??
What I am refering to is the increasing instance of passengers relating to me how a cabbie they were unfortunate enough to come across upon being told the destination has replied with "I don't know where that is" and then handed the passenger the map book!!
I'm sorry but that really gets to me. Isn't it the cabbies job to know where to go when asked and if he doesn't to find out?? You may think its the more unusual addresses they don't know or places we rarely get asked to go to but it's not. More than 1 driver I've heard of has asked his pax (passenger) for directions to the airport!!!
I'd say as a rough average I get taken to the airport 15 times a week and that doesn't include the times I might drive there empty looking for a job.
The other thing that amazes me is that people actually put up with this from their cab driver. I know at a private house it is a bit harder to send the driver away and call another cab as there will be a delay involved but at the airport or on a city rank where there is another cab waiting I tell people to get out and try the next one.
Imagine this, you've just arrived in Perth on business never having been here before, you get your bags and struggle out to the cab rank. Finally with your bags in the boot you settle back into the seat give the driver the address and expecting a trouble free ride to your hotel you start to relax. The driver has other plans, you suddenly you find a road map in your lap and the drivers telling you in no uncertain terms "If you want to go there you find it!" Welcome to WA!
This actually happened and when I heard the story later that same night I was gobsmacked. She had to find the address, then find the airport and then give directions to the driver. She then paid the fare and got out. As she was on business she paid with a company Cabcharge and I suggested she call Cabcharge in the morning and cancel it as he didn't deserve payment. Unfortunatley I'll never know if she actually did.
Please if you ever get a driver who thinks it is your responsibility not his to look up an address, take down his cab number then get another cab and make sure you report him to his dispatch when you get a chance. I take pride in the fact I know where I am going and if I don't I stop and check the map, I even pause the meter.
Friday, September 1
You find it!
Posted by
Unknown
at
4:11 am
0
comments
Leave your comment here
Labels: opinion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment