A guy flagged me down tonight in northbridge "Where we off to mate?" I said as he climbed in. "South st Murdoch" was the reply not a bad fare and 1 I desperately needed as I wasn't having the best of nights. Anyway we get talking and it turns out he is the head chef at a popular resturant and is on his way home after a 14 hour shift. I jokingly made the comment that the health gurus would still tell him he needs to find his 30.
He then relates a story to me of a trial he participated in last year where he wore a pedometer for a week while at work. The numbers were astounding!. In 1 day he walked 26 kilometers and for the week his total mileage was over 160km!! Keep in mind this was all racked up whilst inside a kitchen and while it would be a fair bit bigger than your average family kitchen it's still a very impressive set of figures.
He claimed the average person would walk at most 40km's in a week so the team doing the study agreed he didn't need to worry about finding his '30 :-)
Thursday, August 31
Find 30
Posted by
Unknown
at
5:13 am
0
comments
Leave your comment here
Labels: Fares
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment