Thursday, September 21

Good things can happen

Tonight actually ended up being quite good thanks to a job I couldn't do.

Now I know that comment doesn't make any sense so I will explain. I was given a job to pick up at UWA (University of Western Australia) for all those non-locals. It said the pick up point was the main entrance but then under that it said 'University Club'. Well the 2 aren't even close on the map and the operator didn't have a phone number for them so I gave it away. They still would have gotten a cab as when they rang back to find out what the delay was, the telephonist would have asked for more information on exactly where they were waiting.

Anyway because I got that job and then gave it back I found myself vacant in Crawley and almost the exact moment I plotted in on the computer I was giving a job. This time picking up at the Royal Perth Yacht Club (RPYC). When I get there 3 people climb in 2 girls in the back and a guy in the front. "Where we off to ?" I ask. "Ballajura" was the reply. Great I think finally a decent fare maybe my night is going to turn around after all. On the way there I find out that only 1 of the girls is getting out in Ballajura and the other couple are carrying on to Joondalup. Bonus!! It turns into a $61 fare and easily my best fare for the week. 200 meters after dropping them off I score a hail which ended up being $15:00 Then after having a break for a meat pie and a coffee I was sent to Carramar which is past Wanneroo and that gentleman asked to go to the Novotel Hotel in the city a $51 fare. I couldn't believe my luck, other than Friday nights if you get taken up that way to Joondalup etc you can normally expect to run empty back into the city for your next fare. So being paid both ways was a bonus.

Just after I dropped him off I was sorting out my money and writing the fare in my book when a guy asks me if I can take him to Lesmurdie a $36 fare by the time I dropped him off I had taken $163 in 4 jobs and doubled what I had taken for the night.

In hindsight I have never been so happy I couldn't find a customer!!

0 comments: