I did a parcel job tonight nothing special and fairly short only $15, It was when I got there that the job became memorable.
A lady came out to collect the parcel and her 5 yr old son came out with her. Anyway the lady wanted to take the parcel inside and make sure whatever it was meant to be it was and she asked me to wait. It was then that the kid spoke up, it went something like this.
kid: Do you kill baddies??
me: Thats the police I'm just a taxi driver
kid: But you don't like baddies?
me: Well no one likes baddies
kid: So do you kill baddies??
me: No I just drive away really fast!!
It was then his mother came back and I relayed the story to her, she saw the funny side of it but I couldn't help wondering what this kid had been watching that had him thinking taxi drivers kill baddies. Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver perhaps??


3 comments:
We didnt get to hear what strange "thing" was hidden in that parcel - LOL - I mean at least a ray gun or, gasp, a teddy bear ready to take on all those baddies.
One of my kids at age of about 4 was watching me doing some paperwork and the calculator was getting a hammering. She ran into wife and yelled, "Daddy is playing with his copulator!" Needless to say wife really wanted to know what was going on.
KIDS !!!!!!!!!
Sir Gaw
Sir Gaw was quoted as saying "We didnt get to hear what strange "thing" was hidden in that parcel - LOL - I mean at least a ray gun or, gasp, a teddy bear ready to take on all those baddies."
Lol I like the way you think. Given how light it was I assume it was medicene for the kid. Given that she was the ex missus of the guy who called the cab but of course I could be wrong.
Just wanted to let you know that I have added you to my "Links" section for Cab-blogs.
And "cheers, mate" for putting me on your blogroll. Greatly appreciated.
Post a Comment